Message from Our CEO
From Greg Angle, President & CEO - Summer 2012
Los Robles Hospital Ranks Safest Hospital in Country
I’m excited and proud to share with you that The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores have been published and Los Robles Hospital received an "A" … the highest score a hospital can receive. This rating reports to the public how safe a hospital is for the patient.
Our community and our patients deserve to know how safe our region’s hospitals are and should be empowered to choose the best care available. By choosing a hospital with an "A" rating, they’re choosing a hospital that does a better job at preventing errors than hospitals with a lower rating. And you certainly can’t get any better rating than an "A"!
When you consider that 1 in 4 Medicare patients will experience some sort of infection, injury or fatal error when entering a hospital, it’s imperative to find a hospital with the best patient safety record.
I want to thank our hospital staff, volunteers and physicians for the commitment they constantly make day in and day out to patient safety. It truly matters and it has paid-off. We want our community to choose a hospital that will keep them safe. I’m proud to tell my family and friends, and you can, too, that Los Robles is one of the safest hospitals in the country.
Taking Care of You and Your Family
In years past, we know there were times when you might have felt you needed to leave the community to receive the most advanced healthcare. Our vision, investments in staff, our facilities and equipment, developments of programs and services, and recent success are intended to help you realize you will not need to do so in the future.
Just consider what we have achieved:
- The only Level II Trauma Center in East Ventura County
- Significantly reduced ER wait times that average only 15 minutes
- The only hospital in the state certified by both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties as a STEMI-designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response
- Our Emergency Room carries the coveted Los Angeles County EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating; the only hospital in Ventura County to have the EDAP rating
- The only Primary Stroke Center in Ventura County
- First in Ventura County to be a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center
- Rated by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as one of the best hospitals in the nation and state for cardiac care outcomes
- Rated by the National Research Corporation as one of the best heart centers in the nation and county for clinical outcomes
These achievements are but a few that illustrate our commitment to excellence, our commitment to your health.
President & CEO