Message from Our CEO
From Greg Angle, President & CEO - Summer 2013
I am excited and proud to share with you that Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center has embraced the first half of 2013 on a very upbeat note. We have been working hard so that our community can receive the most advanced healthcare resources. I want to thank our wonderful hospital staff, physicians and volunteers for their commitment to making the patient care and resources that we provide possible.
As 2012 came to an end, we welcomed Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital into our Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center healthcare family. As you may know, Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital, also known as TOSH, is a specialty surgical hospital whose focus is based on a model that delivers high levels of patient satisfaction to ensure that each patient has an exceptional hospital experience. TOSH features 6 operating suites, 1 cystoscopy suite, 8 preoperative rooms, 13 postoperative rooms, 3 private recovery rooms and 21 private acute care hospital beds.
Throughout the years TOSH has consistently ranked in the highest percentile in overall patient experience according to the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) national survey. In addition to this accomplishment they have been awarded the 2011 Patient Advocate Award by the Professional Patient Advocate Institute and received the Women’s Choice Award for Outstanding Patient Experience from WomenCertified. We are extremely happy to combine our strengths with TOSH to offer another dimension of care to meet the ever-growing needs of our community.
Top Notch Health Care
Our staff and physicians have worked diligently to earn accolades that distinguish us from the other hospitals in our county. Our Breast Cancer Program completed a long awaited survey at the end of February that granted us a three year accreditation as a Nationally Accredited Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) by the American College of Surgeons.
Earlier this year our Trauma Department prepared for the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Trauma Committee to visit our facility. Our Level II Trauma Center has been up and running for the past two years, and as a result, we invited the ACS Trauma Committee to verify our readiness, resources, policies, patient care, performance improvement, and our team commitment. When all was said and done, we completed the survey successfully and received certification for one year.
Our vision, investment in staff, facilities and equipment, programs and services, and recent successes are proof that we are making sure you have the most advanced healthcare right here in your community.
Just consider what we have achieved:
- The Joint Commission’s Top Performer for Key Quality Measures™
- The only Level II Trauma Center in East Ventura County
- Significantly reduced ER wait times that average only 15 minutes or less
- The only hospital in the state certified by both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties as a STEMI-designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response
- Our Emergency Room carries the coveted Los Angeles County EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating; the only hospital in Ventura County to have the EDAP rating
- Certified Primary Stroke Center
- First in Ventura County to be a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center
- A community comprehensive cancer program
- Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- A dedicated Total Joint Program and a da Vinci Robotic Surgical Program
- Rated by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as one of the best hospitals in the nation and state for cardiac care outcomes
- Rated by the National Research Corporation as one of the best heart centers in the nation and county for clinical outcomes
These achievements are but a few that illustrate our commitment to excellence, our commitment to your health. As your community hospital, we strive to do our best for you and your family every day. For care you can count on. Care you can trust.
Together we are dedicated to making Los Robles Hospital the Community’s Most Trusted Resource for Health and a Regional Destination for Care.
President & CEO