Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center now offers the most advanced and highest quality of care in the treatment of neurovascular diseases. The mission of our Neurovascular Program is to provide comprehensive neurovascular services to our community including diagnostic catheter angiography, open surgical and endovascular neurosurgery of cerebrovascular diseases, and neurocritical care.
Our dedicated multidisciplinary team of professionals utilize state-of-the-art technology and clinical practices in neuroimaging, endovascular device development and advanced techniques in image guided minimally invasive surgery. Our first and most important responsibility is to our patients and their families, ensuring they receive the best healthcare possible.
What is Neuroendovascular Surgery?
Neuroendovascular surgery, also known as interventional neuroradiology, utilizes minimally invasive procedures to treat complex diseases that affect the brain and spine. Through these minimally invasive procedures our surgeons are able to effectively treat various conditions, such as brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, arteriovenous fistulas and stroke, by threading small wires and catheters through arteries and veins. This minimally invasive technique allows for conditions to be treated from within the blood vessels, without the need of a traditional surgical procedure.
Utilizing minimally invasive procedures lead to many benefits, which include fewer complication rates and quicker recovery times. With the advancements that these procedures provide, our surgical team is able to provide effective treatment options that target the delicate areas of the brain, neck and spine.
- Arteriovenous Fistula (AVF)
- Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Brain and Spinal Tumor
- Central Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Venous thrombosis in the brain.
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cavernous Malformation (Cavernoma)
- Intracranial Hemorrhage
- Intracranial Arteriosclerotic Disease (IAD)
- Moyamoya Disease
- Epistaxis (Nosebleed)
- Spinal Cord Vascular Disease (AVM, AVF)
- Pediatric brain vascular malformations
- Hemangiomas or venolymphatic malformations
Procedures Offered at Los Robles Hospital
- Diagnostic Cerebral Angiogram
- Spinal Angiograms
- Brain Aneurysm Treatment
- Intracranial Angioplasty and Stent placement
- Carotid Stenting
- Stroke - Intra-arterial Thrombolysis and Thrombectomy
- Brain and Spinal Tumor Embolization
- Balloon Test Occlusion