Opportunities for Adult and High School Student Volunteers
Volunteers play a key role at Los Robles Regional Medical Center by helping us to provide high quality, cost effective healthcare to the community.
We have over 700 volunteers that range from high school and college students, to young adults and senior citizens. Volunteers are matched according to their skills, desires and time schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of only 4 hours each week for 10 to 12 months, but many volunteers enjoy their work so much, they do more than the minimum.
We have volunteer opportunities throughout the hospital, seven days a week. We need people who can work early mornings, days, and evenings as well.
- Floaters: These volunteers will discharge patients, deliver things to and from the lab, and run all sorts of errands for hospital staff, including doctors and nurses.
- Patient Pals: These volunteers will greet patients and their families, doing all they can to make their hospital stay as pleasant as possible.
- Surgery Desk: These volunteers interact with doctors and surgery patient's families before, during and after the procedure.
- Gift Shop: These volunteers sell items, and in turn raise money for the local community, as all proceeds go to charity. The Los Robles Hospital Volunteers Inc. is a nonprofit organization, and the gift shop is run solely by volunteers.
- ICU and CCU Waiting Rooms These volunteers assist families waiting for patients that are in serious condition. You may get them coffee, help them find their way around, or just be a good listener and friend. If you are a compassionate person, this is the job for you.
- Emergency Room: These volunteers make beds, deliver food trays, run errands, check on patients, and assist staff with non-medical tasks. If you like action, this is the place for you.
- Pet Therapy: These volunteers bring their specially groomed and trained pets to visit patients. It's been proven that pets improve our lives in many ways, and we believe in offering patients anything that will enhance their stay and encourage wellness.
- Information Desk: Our most outgoing volunteers greet patients and their family members and sign them in when they enter the hospital. These volunteers are the first people our visitors see and it means a lot to them when they are greeted by a friendly, smiling face.
- Health Fairs: Volunteers get to attend Hospital sponsored health fairs, where they assist doctors and nurses with different tests offered to the public.
- Heart-to-Heart: This unique group of volunteers counsel patients who are going through open-heart surgery, as well as their friends and relatives. All the Heart-to-Heart Volunteers themselves have had open-heart surgery.
- East Campus: This is our rehabilitation facility in Westlake Village.
- Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital: This is our Surgical Facility located in Thousand Oaks on Rolling Oaks Drive.
- Uniteers: These Volunteers work on the Medical Units, hand in hand with our nurses, doctors and patients.
For more information call (805) 370-4685.
If you would like to become a volunteer, stop by and fill out an application. Make sure you fill out a student application if you are between 16 and 18 years of age. Or print one using the appropriate link below, fill it out and mail it to:
Los Robles Regional Medical Center
c/o Irene Brennick
Director of Volunteers
215 West Janss Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
2018 Volunteer Board of Directors
President: Mark Horwitz
First Vice President: Leann Johnson
2nd Vice President: Margarita Horwitz
3rd Vice President: Judy Cannings
Treasurer Glenn Kassel
Corresponding Secretary: Ina Wetzel
Recording Secretary: Deb Hurdle