Labor and delivery in Southern California
More well-being. Less worry.
Few experiences compare to the joy of bringing a new baby into the world. We know that pregnancy and childbirth are exciting and challenging experiences that begin with developing a bond that lasts a lifetime. Rarely perfect, getting pregnant and being pregnant has its ups and downs along with many questions! Questions about infertility, high-risk pregnancy, pre-existing conditions and so much more.
At Los Robles Health System, our goal is to provide you with the map and guidance you need to make the journey to parenthood worry-free. From the good, the bad and even the ugly, to the beautiful moment of birth, we’re with you every step of the way.
For more information about our birthing center or to find a physician that delivers at the birthing center, call Consult-A-Nurse® at (877) 888-5746.
Since 1968 our healthcare team has been committed to helping parents prepare for their baby's arrival in a safe and nurturing environment. Our Birthing Center includes the latest medical technology, spacious birthing suites, mother-baby suites and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, allowing us to treat critically ill newborns or those that require surgical intervention. The 12-bed unit is staffed with neonatologists, neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists.
Our OB/GYN Hospitalist program means that we have OB/GYN physicians on-site 24/7, 365-days-year providing urgent obstetrics care and consultation to the emergency department and hospital impatient services. Our team of specialists are ready to assist you with both normal and high-risk deliveries. Our highly trained Medical Staff consists of Obstetricians and Perinatologists that are specialists in high-risk obstetrics. In addition, our delivery team consists of highly skilled nurses that are all fetal heart monitor certified through the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN).
Labor and delivery:
- Dedicated anesthesiologists available 24/7
- Operating Room suites in the L&D department
- NOVI wireless monitoring - allows mom to move around and not feel “tethered”
- OB Airstrip - physicians can look at fetal heart monitor remotely
- Helpful labor equipment for moms include Peanut balls and Labor balls
Mother and baby amenities include:
- Recently renovated and spacious birthing suites and mother-baby suites
- Accommodations for support person to sleep in the hospital should they desire
- All private rooms and bathrooms with rockers, refrigerators and hair dryers
- Expert certified lactation-support available 7-days-a-week
- Highly trained and compassionate staff and educators
- Fathers and coaches may remain on the unit with mothers at all times. Surrogate friendly and inclusive of all family dynamics
- As part of our “mother-baby” program, the same nurse will care for you and your baby
- Doula friendly
Start your journey
As part of the birthing experience at Los Robles Regional Medical Center, we offer courses to help you gain the confidence you need for the arrival of your little one.
- To learn more about our Childbirth courses visit our Preparing for Delivery page or call our dedicated Consult-A-Nurse line at (877) 888-5746. Classes include Understanding Birth, Comfort Measures Workshop, Newborn Baby Care and Breastfeeding Basics
- Take a virtual tour of our Birthing Center
- Register for a class or series online or call (877) 888-5746.
- Pre-register for labor and delivery online